Monday, April 7, 2014

Lenten Discipline -- April 7

Boyle School, Uniontown, Pa. 

Lenten discipline of the day:
say thank you to a teacher who made a difference in your life.

Mrs. Bennett was my first grade teacher at Boyle Elementary School.  Quite honestly,  I don't remember much about her, but the most important thing I know about Mrs. Bennett is that she is the teacher who taught me how to read.  

I remember Mrs. Bennett's patient teaching in the reading circles and the Dick and Jane books and the Weekly Readers.  I remember at some point finally getting my first library card and going downtown every Saturday morning to pick out a new stack of books.  And it's all thanks to Mrs. Bennett who helped me crack the code and opened up an entire world for me.  I will be forever grateful.

Take time today to remember a teacher who made a difference in your life.  If he or she is still living, send a thank you note.  If not, simply take time to thank God for the gift of imagination and wonder that only a great teacher can give.


If you are reading this post via email or on mobile device, you may need to click this link to see the video: http://youtu.be/-FD1K8OvVCs

No comments:

Post a Comment